Thursday, January 19, 2012

Booking the Venue

On the way home from Atlantic City, Jason and I talked about where we would and would not want to get married.  Neither of us are super religious so we knew from the start we wouldn't want to be married in a church.  We both love the water and outdoors, so we figured outside somewhere would be best!  So many people get married on the beach or by the water, so we knew we didn't want to do that.  I didn't want another beach wedding.  I've seen and been to SO many.  I've always had a fear though, and been to numerous weddings where the ceremony is held outside with a huge chance of rain - but those are the chances you take, right?  But you should always have a back up plan, right?

When we got home, we started talking to my parents about booking our venue!  I knew it needed to be booked sooner than later because venues usually book a year out and at this time, it was September 2011 and we wanted a fall wedding... of 2012, not 13 (I don't like odd numbers, weird, I know).  I've always dreamed of a fall wedding; the tempature and leaves changing, it's just amazing!  And everything that has to do with our wedding is what I want - NOT according to me, but according to my fiance :)  He's the best!  All he wants is family, friends, good food, beer and a delicious cake :)  I can deal!  What bride-to-be wouldn't be okay with that?!

September of 2010, Jason and I went to a wedding at the Running Hare Vineyard and I immediately fell IN LOVE!  It has that Tuscan/Mediterranean feel and I LOOOOVEE it!!!  My family is "that" Italian family by the way :)  It was perfect!  I told my mom I wanted to go look at the Running Hare and basically had my mind and heart set that THIS is where I will marry the man of my dreams :) 

We went Tuesday, September 27, 2011, three days after we were engaged, checked it out, talked to Barb (the owner), looked over the contract, made sure an October date was available, there were; October 7th and 27th, and went on with our evening.  I called my dad on the way home and told him he HAD to see this place, I knew he'd love it as much as me, Jason and my mom did!  We didn't book anything that evening, but first thing the next morning, I called Barb to make another appointment (I literally woke her up, haha) to go back Wednesday evening so my parents could sign the contract :)  She doesn't hold dates, but she held the date for us because she KNEW I'd be back!

That Wednesday while I was at work, I contacted the two caterers that the venue contracts with - kinda sucks we would have to choose between two and couldn't pick on our own, but at the same time it's comforting knowing that these companies KNOW the venue and have a lot of experience with the place, PLUS their price includes basically EVERYTHING; from linens to table settings to the food and alcohol.  I talked to Dave at the one caterer that we liked the best, asked him millions of questions, was probably on the phone with him for over two hours straight at one time and let him know we were going back to the venue that evening.  He agreed to meet us there so we felt comfortable with everything - he's GREAT!

So that evening, me, Jason, Bryce, my mom and dad went back to the venue!  My dad I think saw how I lit up when we got there and told me "if this is where you want to get married, this is where you will be married", my dad is seriously the best!  They have an area for the ceremony to be held outside, but if it does rain, we will get married inside and we are perfectly content with that!  The building holds 260 people which is perfect for us because when we did our draft guest list, we had approximately 220... my family is H.U.G.E!  This is our venue:

HOW beautiful?!

Seven foot wide chandelier inside - SEVEN FOOT!  If you didn't think the outside was beautiful - I'm pretty sure you'll think THIS is!

We decided to go with October 7, 2012.  YES I said I don't like odd numbers, but 7 has always been a favorite number of Jason's so if it's special to him, it's special to me :)  It is a Sunday but we figured before we booked that it is a holiday weekend (Columbus Day) and Sunday's are a little bit cheaper for weddings... can't complain about that ;)  NOT to mention - the same holiday weekend back in 2008 is the very first weekend that Jason and I hung out!  HOW ironic; it was meant to be :)  The contract was signed that evening, we were totally in love and everything was MORE than perfect :)

My mom and I have never been big whino's but we're learning real quick to become one :)  My mom quickly became a VIP member of the tasting room and gets 20% off of every bottle of wine that she purchases!  Whenever she goes, she always picks me up my most favorite:

Jack Rabbit Red; it is soo delish!  I highly recommend it!

We've been for a couple tastings; I love to go back as much as I possibly can to see where we will be married :)  Every time, I get butterflies and it is an amazing feeling!  I fall more and more in love with our venue every time I see it!

My mom and I wine tasting :)  She's one of my best friends, I love her and don't know where I'd be without her!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Even though I already knew all these details I loved reading them again!! Makes me so excited for the big day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your going to LOVE your wedding there. We have been to one at running hare. It was the most gorgeous wedding! Wedding planning is fun!

    ReplyDelete